Fleetwood Community Pool
500 West Vine Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
12:00 - gates open for MEMBERS ONLY
12:30 - gates open for daily admission guests.
We are open until 7:30 pm, daily and until 10:00 pm - Thursdays.
Open May 28-30***, closed May 31-June 3, open daily from June 4 until Labor Day (Monday September 5); however, we will not be open on school days once FASD school students return to school in August.
Like us on Facebook – “Friends of Fleetwood Pool”
Summer 2016 Season Information
We are excited as we start thinking about the upcoming summer season at the Fleetwood Community Pool! The pool is a wonderful environment for you and your family to enjoy your time off during the summer. It would be great if you could come join in the fun! Fleetwood Borough is running the pool again this year and will be managed by Mary Templin.
Take advantage of discounted prices by purchasing your season tickets NOW UNTIL June 9th, 2016!!!
Season Membership Information
** Avoid the $10 correction fee by paying the correct amount, see below:
Borough – residents who live in Fleetwood Borough and pay property taxes to Fleetwood Borough. The following street names are in Fleetwood Borough: Almond Alley, Apple Alley, Arch, Ash, Beech, Bird, Brookfield, Burr Alley, Buttonwood, Cambridge, Cardinal, Cedar, Chestnut, Clover Alley, Cotton, Depot Alley, Doe, Dogwood, Elm, Evergreen, Fieldcrest, Fir, Fleetwood, Forest, Foundry Alley, Franklin, Friendship, Green, Greenway, Heritage, Hickory, Hickory Alley, Hoffman Alley, Jackson, Laurel, Liberty Alley, Linden, Locust, Lumber Alley, Magnolia, Main, Madeira Alley, Maple, Moss Alley, Mulberry Alley, Myrtle, New Alley, Oak, Park Alley, Pearl Alley, Pine, Plum Alley, Poplar, Quince Alley, Race, Richmond, Rose, Salem, School Alley, Shell Alley, Somerset, Spring, Springfield, Spruce, Stone Alley, Vine, Walnut, Walnuttown Rd., Washington, Westfield, Willow, and Wood Alley. If you do not live on one of these streets within borough limits, you must pay the Non-Borough fees.
Please Note: The discount prices above are valid until June 9th, 2016. After that date, the prices will raise to the “regular” prices. Management reserves the right to request proof of residency, custody, or school enrollment.
Guest Passes – You may purchase up to 5 Guest Passes which you can use to bring a guest with you to the pool during the season. Each Guest Pass costs $5.00 and is good to bring 1 guest for 1 visit to the pool. All guest passes may be purchased UNTIL June 9th, 2016. No Guest Passes will be sold after that date. Complimentary Guest Passes will be provided for people who purchase a membership UNTIL June 9th, 2016 (Family Membership – 3 Guest Passes, Pair membership -2 Guest Passes, Individual/Senior – 1 Guest Pass).
Season Memberships can be purchased the following ways:
1. On-line – The following link will take you to a secure credit card processing site: VANCO Credit Processing
2. Fleetwood Borough Office - you may pay by cash/check/credit at the Fleetwood Borough Office only on the following dates/times: Thursday, March 31 6-7pm; Wednesday, April 27 6-8pm; Tuesday, May 10 6-8pm; Wednesday, May 25 6-8pm
3. If you are unable to come to the Fleetwood Borough Office during the dates/times listed above, you can print the application and return to the Fleetwood Borough Office by dropping it off or mailing it along with payment by check payable to Borough of Fleetwood (no cash). If dropping it off after hours, you may place it in the parking ticket/water bill box located outside of the front doors. Please enclose in an envelope marked “Pool Membership.” If mailing, envelope must be post-marked by June 9th, 2016.
Fleetwood Borough Office
110 Arch St., Suite 104
Fleetwood, PA 19522
Attn: Mary Templin
4. At the pool once the season has opened (no Guest Passes can be purchased after June 9th, 2016)
Anyone who purchases a membership during the Discount Period (now-June 9th, 2016) will receive their membership cards during their first visit at the Pool.
Daily Admission Rates
Adult (age 18-64) $10.00
Child (age 3-17, college students age 18-22 with school ID) $8.00
Senior (age 65 and older) $5.00
Reduced Rates after 5pm (Thursdays after 7:30pm)
Adult (age 18-64) $5.00
Child (age 3-17, college students age 18-22 with school ID) $4.00
Senior (age 65 and older) $2.00
Diving Well Rules
Anyone under the age of 14 must take the swim test to be admitted into the diving well area.
1. Swimmers who wish to take the swim test must report to the office and request to take the test.
2. Under the supervision of a lifeguard, the swimmer will be asked to swim across and back in the designated area. The swimmer is not allowed to stop during the test. If the swimmer is able to accomplish this task, the swimmer will be given a wrist band that will need to be worn to be allowed to enter the diving well area. If the swimmer does not pass the test, the swimmer may try to re-take the test at another time.
3. The swimmer's name will be recorded in the Swim Test Log. Once a swimmer passes the test, he/she will not need to re-take the test each day. Each day, the swimmer will need to report to the office and will be able to receive a new wrist band.
4. We will have monthly checks of all swimmers. A sign will be posted to alert swimmers when a new swim test will need to be taken.
When a patron breaks a rule, the following disciplinary actions will be taken:
1. First offense: a warning will be issued.
2. Second offense: the offender will be benched for a period of time at the discretion of the lifeguard.
3. Third offense: the offender will be given a suspension from the pool. Time limit will be at the discretion of the manager.
***Serious offenses may warrant immediate suspension from the pool. Time limit will be at the discretion of the manager.
Closings and delayed openings for bad weather or no attendance will be left to the discretion of the manager. All closings and delayed openings will be posted on the "Friends of Fleetwood Pool" Facebook page. Rain checks will be issued at the discretion of the manager.
Please limit the personal items that you bring to the pool. Please bring only the necessary items needed for swimming. The Borough of Fleetwood is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Children 8 years and under will not be permitted in the pool area unsupervised.
Click HERE to view and print a hard copy of these the 2016 Pool Rules. Please review the rules with your children. If you have any questions about these rules, please talk with the manager.
We will be offering swim lessons this season. Information about swim lessons is available below (PDF)
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the pool at 610-944-7814 and leave a message on the answering machine. Your phone call will be returned within 1 week.
***Important Information - Delayed opening of the Fleetwood Pool for the 2016 Season***
In 2015, the Borough was awarded a grant by DCNR to fix some of the issues that have caused concern at the pool, namely the coping around the pool and the tile at the top edge of the pool that meets the coping. The project was defined and the bids sent out at latter part of 2015. In the spring bids were opened and the process of awarding the bid began. The bid was awarded to Mid-Atlantic Construction who placed an order for the coping. Because of the angles of the pool coping, it required specialized manufacturing. The job was scheduled to be completed by May 20, 2016. We have been assured by Mid-Atlantic Construction that they will do everything necessary to complete the repairs as quickly as possible once the coping is available.
We have been informed that the manufacturing company creating the coping is not able to have the coping prepared in time and the pool opening will have to be delayed. We regret the inconvenience, but the delay is caused by factors entirely out of our control.
Please stay tuned to this borough website and the "Friends of Fleetwood Pool" Facebook page for more information and the exact date the pool will be opened.
As a consolation to those who have purchased season passes, once the pool is opened, the schedule will be modified so that the pool will open 30 minutes earlier each day for those who hold season passes only. Members may enter the pool at 12:00 and daily admission guests will be admitted at 12:30.
We have also extended the deadline for the discount prices for season memberships. The discount prices will be in effect until June 9, 2016.
Thank you for your patience.
Questions should be directed to: email@example.com or call the pool at 610-944-7814 .