Fleetwood Community Pool
500 West Vine Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
12:00 - gates open for MEMBERS ONLY
12:30 - gates open for daily admission guests.
We are open until 7:30 pm, daily and until 10:00 pm - Thursdays.
***Closed till on or about June 30th. Once opened, the pool will be open daily until Labor Day (Monday September 5); however, we will not be open on school days once FASD school students return to school in August.
Like us on Facebook – “Friends of Fleetwood Pool”
Summer 2016 Season Information
It would be great if you could come join in the fun! Fleetwood Borough is running the pool again this year and will be managed by Mary Templin.
Daily Admission Rates
Adult (age 18-64) $10.00
Child (age 3-17, college students age 18-22 with school ID) $8.00
Senior (age 65 and older) $5.00
Reduced Rates after 5pm (Thursdays after 7:30pm)
Adult (age 18-64) $5.00
Child (age 3-17, college students age 18-22 with school ID) $4.00
Senior (age 65 and older) $2.00
Diving Well Rules
Anyone under the age of 14 must take the swim test to be admitted into the diving well area.
1. Swimmers who wish to take the swim test must report to the office and request to take the test.
2. Under the supervision of a lifeguard, the swimmer will be asked to swim across and back in the designated area. The swimmer is not allowed to stop during the test. If the swimmer is able to accomplish this task, the swimmer will be given a wrist band that will need to be worn to be allowed to enter the diving well area. If the swimmer does not pass the test, the swimmer may try to re-take the test at another time.
3. The swimmer's name will be recorded in the Swim Test Log. Once a swimmer passes the test, he/she will not need to re-take the test each day. Each day, the swimmer will need to report to the office and will be able to receive a new wrist band.
4. We will have monthly checks of all swimmers. A sign will be posted to alert swimmers when a new swim test will need to be taken.
When a patron breaks a rule, the following disciplinary actions will be taken:
1. First offense: a warning will be issued.
2. Second offense: the offender will be benched for a period of time at the discretion of the lifeguard.
3. Third offense: the offender will be given a suspension from the pool. Time limit will be at the discretion of the manager.
***Serious offenses may warrant immediate suspension from the pool. Time limit will be at the discretion of the manager.
Closings and delayed openings for bad weather or no attendance will be left to the discretion of the manager. All closings and delayed openings will be posted on the "Friends of Fleetwood Pool" Facebook page. Rain checks will be issued at the discretion of the manager.
Please limit the personal items that you bring to the pool. Please bring only the necessary items needed for swimming. The Borough of Fleetwood is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Children 8 years and under will not be permitted in the pool area unsupervised.
Click HERE to view and print a hard copy of these the 2016 Pool Rules. Please review the rules with your children. If you have any questions about these rules, please talk with the manager.
We will be offering swim lessons this season. Information about swim lessons is available below (PDF)
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the pool at 610-944-7814 and leave a message on the answering machine. Your phone call will be returned within 1 week.
***Important Information - Delayed opening of the Fleetwood Pool for the 2016 Season***
In 2015, the Borough was awarded a grant by DCNR to fix some of the issues that have caused concern at the pool, namely the coping around the pool and the tile at the top edge of the pool that meets the coping. The project was defined and the bids sent out at latter part of 2015. In the spring bids were opened and the process of awarding the bid began. The bid was awarded to Mid-Atlantic Construction who placed an order for the coping. Because of the angles of the pool coping, it required specialized manufacturing. The job was scheduled to be completed by May 20, 2016. We have been assured by Mid-Atlantic Construction that they will do everything necessary to complete the repairs as quickly as possible once the coping is available.
Please stay tuned to this borough website and the "Friends of Fleetwood Pool" Facebook page for more information and the exact date the pool will be opened.
As a consolation to those who have purchased season passes, once the pool is opened, the schedule will be modified so that the pool will open 30 minutes earlier each day for those who hold season passes only. Members may enter the pool at 12:00 and daily admission guests will be admitted at 12:30.
Update 6/14/16: All those who pre-purchased memberships will be contacted by the pool manager to explain any refund or credits that borough council approved.
No more memberships will be sold after June 15th until the pool actually opens on or around June 30th.
Thank you for your patience.
Questions should be directed to: email@example.com or call the pool at 610-944-7814 .