- Obey all staff.
- No running on the pool deck.
- Refrain from socializing with lifeguards while they are on duty.
- Chicken fights, dunking, or jumping on top of someone else is prohibited.
- Diving is only allowed in the diving well. Diving is prohibited anywhere else.
- Foul language is prohibited.
- Use of pool toys including water guns, balls, and sporting activities are allowed at the discretion of the manager.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on the premises.
- No glass allowed on the premises.
- No large coolers, including rolling coolers will be permitted inside the fenced-in pool area. Only small “lunch box type” coolers will be permitted.
- Please pick up your trash.
- No smoking or use of tobacco products within the pool area. Tobacco use is only allowed in the designated smoking area outside the pool. It is unlawful for any minor under the age of 18 to use or possess tobacco in any form within the Borough of Fleetwood, on any Borough owned property, on any public street, highway, traffic way, alley, or sidewalk.
- Proper swimwear is required and left to the discretion of the manager.
- All infants and toddlers who are not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper while in the water. Swim diapers are available for purchase at the pool office.
- Scuba masks cannot be worn during the following: going down the slide, going off the diving board, or in the diving well area.
- Riders must be at least 4 ft. tall (there is a measurement stick which illustrates how high 4 ft. is). Riders who are less than 4 ft. tall must pass the swim test to use the slide.
- Only 2 riders at a time allowed on the top platform.
- Riders should check the water below before going down the slide.
- Riders may only slide down on their back in a feet first position.
- Riders must exit the sliding area as soon as they come off of the slide.
- Riders may not wear goggles or scuba masks.
- Parents are not permitted to catch children going down the slide.
Diving Well Rules
Anyone under the age of 14 must take the swim test to be admitted into the diving well area.
- Swimmers who wish to take the swim test must report to the office and request to take the test.
- Under the supervision of a lifeguard, the swimmer will be asked to swim 1 complete lap from the deep end to the shallow end. The swimmer is not allowed to stop and grab the wall during the test. If the swimmer is able to accomplish this task, the swimmer will be given a wrist band that will need to be worn to be allowed to enter the diving well area. If the swimmer does not pass the test, the swimmer may try to re-take the test at another time.
- The swimmer’s name will be recorded in the Swim Test Log. Once a swimmer passes the test, he/she will not need to re-take the test each day. Each day, the swimmer will need to report to the office and will be able to receive a new wrist band.
- We will have monthly checks of all swimmers. A sign will be posted to alert swimmers when a new swim test will need to be taken.
- No flips off of the diving board.
- No flotation devices allowed in the diving well.
- Jumping/swimming between the 10-12 ft. area is left to the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
- Scuba masks and/or goggles cannot be worn while using the diving board.
- Scuba masks cannot be worn while swimming in the diving area.
When a patron breaks a rule, the following disciplinary actions will be taken:
- First offense: a warning will be issued.
- Second offense: the offender will be benched for a period of time at the discretion of the lifeguard.
- Third offense: the offender will be given a suspension from the pool. Time limit will be at the discretion of the manager.
*** Serious offenses may warrant immediate suspension/expulsion from the pool. Time limit will be at the discretion of the manager.
Closings and delayed openings for bad weather or no attendance will be left to the discretion of the manager. All closings and delayed openings will be posted on the “Friends of Fleetwood Pool” Facebook page. Rain checks will be issued at the discretion of the manager.
Please limit the personal items that you bring to the pool. Please bring only the necessary items needed for swimming. The Borough of Fleetwood is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Children 8 years and under will not be permitted in the pool area unsupervised.
Click here to print a hard copy of the 2020 Pool Rules (PDF). Please review the rules with your children. If you have any questions about these rules, please talk with the manager.